Hi there and thank you stopping by to learn more about me. I am Dana Hillman, Licensed Professional Counselor & Registered Play Therapist Supervisor. I work at the Team Lead of Community Based Programs at Family & Children’s Aid where I also see children & families. In addition, I run a private practice for adults in Southbury area. I have worked in a variety of in-home programs including the Yale Based model, IICAPS- Intensive In-Home Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Services. I have spent many years working in foster care as the supervisor of a DCF-funded in-home service for kinship foster families. I specialize in providing trauma informed care with focus on attachment and parenting.
I am a Mom to toddler twins. They certainly keep me on my toes. The challenges I have faced as a Mom of twins, has led me to dedicate a lot of my “free time” to reading, research, audio books, and podcasts. I am passionate about learning and love to share what I take away from my experiences and research. Some of my trainings include EMDR, EFT, Play Therapy, Expressive Arts Therapy, Brazelton Touchpoints, Child Parent Psychotherapy, trauma informed practice, Boots on Ground- military life, reflective supervision, infant mental health, and many more to come!
EDUCATION & LICENSE
- Connecticut Professional Counselor Licensure #2710
- Registered Play Therapist Supervisor S2465
- Master of Science in Counselor Education
- EMDR Part I
- EMDR Part II
- Trauma Informed- Child Parent Psychotherapy (CPP)
- Kinship Care with Dr. Joseph Crumbley, LCSW
- Parent Resource for Information, Development, and Education Training (PRIDE)
- Playmakers, Life is Good
- Physical and Psychological Management Training (PMT)
- Leadership Training, Disney Institute
- Touchpoints Practitioner
- PeaceLove Expressive Art – CREATORS